Bread & Butter Pudding
For all Bread and Butter Pudding fans out there, this is delicious and extremely easy and fast to make.
- 150ml whole milk
- 140g Pat the Baker white bread
- 50g raisins or dried cherries
- 568ml pot of fresh custard
- butter, for greasing
- 5-7 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat oven to 140C/fan 120C/gas 1
- Stir the custard together with the milk
- Trim the crusts from the bread, cut into triangles, then place in a large bowl with the raisins or dried cherries
- Pour over the custard mixture, then carefully stir everything together so all the pieces of bread are coated
- Lightly grease a small ovenproof dish with butter, then spoon in the mixture
- Cook for 30-35 mins until there is just a slight wobble in the centre of the custard
- Sprinkle over the sugar to cover the surface, then pop under a hot grill for 1-2 mins until the sugar starts to melt and caramelise.