French toast is easy peasy and is lovely for relaxing weekend breakfasts. Here’s a simple recipe, make with eggs and your favourite Pat the Baker white bread.
- 4 large eggs
- dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 slices Pat the Baker white bread
- maple syrup or other syrup optional
- Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk
- Over medium-low heat, heat a pan coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine
- Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time
- Transfer bread slices to the pan, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup
Recipe for French toast – serves 2