Job Opportunity – General Operative
Job title: General Operative
Reporting to: Shift Supervisor
Overall purpose: The General Operative is responsible in assisting his/her Shift Supervisor in the effective operation of the shift in meeting packaging schedules.
- Understand all tasks and duties that are required to effectively operate within the shift.
- Acquire basic technical knowledge of plant equipment and understand basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Monitor product quality and carry out all required in process quality checks.
- Liaise with Quality department on integrity of quality systems.
- Maintain good work hygiene practices within the working environment.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all potential hazards and their associated risks.
- Taking of timely and preventative corrective action as necessary.
- Implement and adhere to any new operational procedures or systems within Packaging and any new Quality standards and documentation.
- Attend training courses as required.
- Report for duty on time, in correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by Shift Supervisor or Manager.